Mommys boys

Mommys boys

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

To my child(rens) therapists

Dear therapy team,

First off I want to say thank you. There are not enough words in the English language to articulate exactly how much what you do means to my child(ren), myself, my family, and our world. When you lay your head down to go to bed at night please know you do so having made such an incredible difference in this world. You matter. Your worth is more then words can explain. You didn't choose your career for money, you didn't choose it for power, no, you chose it to make a difference in the lives of children. This makes you something amazing. This makes you special. Thank you for the work you put into my child(ren). 

Please forgive me when I fall short. I sometimes push too hard. 

I sometimes expect you to have answers to questions I have that no one can answer. That is completely unfair of me. I just want someone to tell me we will be ok. 

Sometime(let's be honest, usually) when you come to my home it's not as clean as I would like. It's cluttered the dishes need done and sometimes it smells like unpleasant botily excretions. I promise I am trying to potty train my child who "should have been trained years ago" and until then it sometimes stinks here. I wish I had the strength time and energy to keep my home better homes and garden perfect for you. There is no sarcasm here. I really wish I did. It can jus be so hard. Thank you for not commenting when the floor needs mopped, or on the smell. I promise my house may not always be clean, but
It's always safe

Thank you for not commenting when it's obvious I haven't even found time to wash my own hair in days.  When I look tired and sloppy and my breath stinks because I was so rushed this morning I forgot to brush my teeth. Please realize I haven't eaten in those days either. There was a time when I dressed nice, when I did my hair pretty, when I did my makeup  and when I appeared to put enough care in myself. I just don't have the time anymore. My child(ren) are my only concern. 

Thank you for understanding that I work a full-time job with special needs child(ren), am a maid, a chef, a photographer, a mock-therapist, a cheerleader, a doctor, a wife, a mother, an employee, and even though my child(ren) are your job you still try to remind me of the value of me. Thank you for reminding me I am my child's biggest gift. 

I have a unique perspective on the world. I know what you give to it. You have made this world better already. 

Thank you for coming alongside my family, being non-judgemental, and realizing that we are fighting like hell just to give our child(ren) the world. For knowing sometimes it's like we are a ship taking on water. For knowing and understanding that in this life we lead, we would change nothing. Because to us our child(ren) are spectacular. 

Thank you for enduring the meltdowns, let downs, tantrums, tiredness, frustration, sometimes the anger our child(ren) sometimes have with grace. Thank you for being loving and not angry. Thank you for taking the bite my 4 year old gave you and using it to teach him instead of viewin him as a "risk". 

Thank you for forgiving my screw-ups. I never expected this life. I never expected to have to meet you. I never thought we would be here today. But we are and i am thankful to be here, with beautiful child(ren) and such support. 

As a special needs mom it can be frightening, hectic, guilt stricken, tiring, busy, hopeless, hopeful, beautiful, joyful, chaotic, pride-filled, and amazing life. Sometimes the world doesn't see the value in my child(ren) like I can. Like you can. They are different. They are beautiful. 
Thank you for understanding I am first and foremost a mother. Thank you for helping my child reach their God-given potential and purpose. Thank you for being an angel in disguise. 

With unequivocal gratitude, 

Us Special needs mothers. 



My sweet boys J & K :) both have disabilities, both have been helped by therapists diligent work! 



No comments:

Post a Comment